This year, we received a lot of applications. Due to the limited resources TCLT has, we cannot award every single application. After review and assess all applications, we are pleased to announce the following winners that have been awarded a reimbursement of up to US $500 for travel, accommodation and registration expenses:
Learning Analytics and Cognitive Computing to support personalized learning experiences
Aline de Campos, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
StackDoc – A StackOverﬂow plugin for Novice Programmers that Integrates Q&A with API Examples
Akhila Sri Manasa Venigalla, Indian Institute of Technology, Tirupati, India
An analysis of the use of good feedback practices in online learning courses
Anderson Pinheiro Cavalcanti, Federal University of Pernambuco, Brazil
E-DUB-A: A Tangible Educational Resource Editor in Inclusive Classes
Evandro Preuss, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Applying Augmented Reality to Improve the Outcomes of Procedural Knowledge Acquisition
Jia Zhang, National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan
Design of an authentic learning environment for online STEM teacher training
Jiahui Ruan, East China Normal University, China
A Strategy for the Development of Computational Thinking from Game Design Specifications
Kleber Tavares Fernandes, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Brasil
Design and Implementation of an Educational Game Considering Issues for Visual Impaired People Inclusion
Luiz Valério Neto, Universidade Federal de São Carlos, Brazil
Semantic-enhanced Recommendation of Video Lectures
Marcos Vinícius Borges, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Brazil
Prediction of School Efficiency Rates through Ensemble Regression Application
Rafaella Nascimento, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Brazil
Towards the identification of concept prerequisites via Knowledge Graphs
Rubén Manrique, Universidad de los Andes, Colombia
Using Socratic Questioning Strategy to Enhance Critical Thinking Skill of Elementary School Students
Sie Wai Chew, National Sun Yat-sen University, Taiwan
Congratulations! We are looking forward to meeting you all at the conference.
Please note that students who have been awarded the grant MUST attend the conference IN PERSON and introduce yourself and present receipts of the expenses to TCLT chair, Dr. Maiga Chang, just for check-in purpose (you will need to submit, by email or web-based system, all forms and receipts to an IEEE TC finance officer for reimbursement later).
Student travel award is available in the form of reimbursements that are sent, within TWO WEEKS, ONLY AFTER the completion of the conference and related documentation and receipts are required. According to IEEE policy, awarded student needs to submit directly to the TC finance officer with a completed W8 or W9 IRS Form (It is not really for tax purposes, but having the details on location/address) and the IEEE Student Travel Grant Form with original receipts AFTER the Conference in order to get reimbursed.
NOTE: Please note that students who have been awarded the grant MUST attend the conference IN PERSON and introduce yourself and present receipts of the expenses to TCLT chair, Dr. Maiga Chang, just for check-in purpose.
Information and documents required for the students:
– Completed Student Travel Grant Form.
– Completed W-8 form (for non-US students) or W-9 form (for US students), with hand-written signature (will be returned if not completed).
– Receipts (Example: travel and hotel expenses) up to 500 USD.
– Bank details that include name of bank, bank address, swift number, IBAN number and name on the account. (it’s easier to make payments by wire when the payment is going overseas).
– The student needs to submit all receipts and the completed W-8 form (or W-9 form) with hand-written signature directly to Maggie Johnson <email@example.com> and cc to TCLT chair Dr. Maiga Chang <firstname.lastname@example.org> and ICALT 2019 Organizer Diego Matos <email@example.com> within TWO WEEKS AFTER the completion of the conference, otherwise it’s forfeited.
If you have any questions, please write an email to Maggie Johnson <firstname.lastname@example.org> and cc to TCLT chair Dr. Maiga Chang <email@example.com> and ICALT 2019 Organizer Diego Matos <firstname.lastname@example.org> so they can be aware of your submission and be in the loop.
Please find the Student Travel Grant, W-8 form, and W-9 form attached.
NOTE: In the circumstance that IEEE changes its reimbursement process and/or has new forms, you will be notified by email.
The IEEE Technical Committee on Learning Technologies has announced student travel awards of $500 each for attending ICALT 2019. Please disseminate this information to students in your institution who are interested in attending ICALT 2019, especially to student authors of papers accepted in ICALT 2019.
- Student authors of papers accepted in ICALT 2019 are eligible to apply.
- Preference will be given to first authors of full papers and DC authors.
- Preference will be given to graduate students (doctoral or masters).
- Students will be awarded a reimbursement of up to $500 USD for travel, accommodation and registration expenses.
- Students who have been awarded the grant MUST attend the conference in person and present receipts of the expenses to claim the reimbursement.
HOW TO APPLY
- * Applicants are requested to fill the form at original URL: https://triton2.athabascau.ca/limesurvey/index.php/559752?lang=en OR shortened URL: https://tinyurl.com/icalt2019travelaward to apply for the grant.
- A proof of student affiliation to an academic institution (e.g., photo/scan of valid student cards or a letter from advisor/guide) will have to be uploaded on Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive and have an accessible sharing link for filling the form.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 8, 2019
Results will be notified to the selected applicants via the e-mail address provided during the application submission process by April 15, 2019.